Sunday, January 06, 2008

Re: 6 Jan.

Re: Vila notes

I've often sat in my local park, looking at the manhattan skyline from a bench, and wondered why i was picked to live in a city such as this. Not only why, but sitting and merely realizing that fact of residency in a moment of self-actualization. And as i grew older and saw the incoming "foreigners" I'd wonder to myself how could they ever feel a sense of belonging to the century-old red brick and pot-holes, or the abandoned factories from former generations. When I look up to see the modern design of a new development that reflects the light of the sun setting over the river, burning the whole of New Jersey, I feel that no one is listening. The only response to be found is a giant, ridgid middle finger rising above the legacy of the world's diaspora.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home